Hello! My name is Ms. Cheryl Estella. I am happy to be your child's 1st grade teacher this 2022-2023 school year.
About Me and my Education:
I was born and raised here in the San Diego. When I am not teaching, I enjoy exploring our beautiful city, hiking, and eating good food. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies with an Emphasis in Elementary Education, my Teaching Credential, and Masters of the arts of Teaching Degree from San Diego State University. I have been with O'Farrell for many years in various capacities: a middle school student, an AVID and SPED tutor, a student teacher, RTI teacher, and now as a 1st grade teacher. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your child and I am excited to have a great school year learning with your kiddo!
Things to know about our First Grade Classes:
- Students will have English Language Arts (ELA) and math with their homebase teacher (me) every day.
- Students will be rotating between classes each week for social studies, science, and Spanish/Technology. I will be teaching social studies, Mrs. Tinsay will be teaching science, and Mrs. Robledo-Grizzle will be teaching Spanish and Technology to all first grade students.
- Students will have music with Mr. Rauh twice a week and P.E. with Coach Lohner twice a week.
- Read for at least 20 minutes and answer questions on their reading log daily
- complete any assignment not finished during math time
- practice their spelling and high-frequency words (tests will be given every 2 weeks)
- practice their weekly fluency passage