School Site Council
A major focus of The O'Farrell Charter School's many programs is to involve the parents of our students in as many aspects of their child's education as possible. To this end, OCS provides resources to promote parent involvement to enrich the academic environment at OCS for all students who are enrolled here. We believe that when parents actively participate in their child's school, students are more likely to achieve high standards of academic success for which we strive.
The OCS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and School Site Council (SSC) meets every month to discuss school programs, propose and coordinate fundraising opportunities, coordinate parent volunteer opportunities, plan and coordinate school events, make suggestions to sustain the quality of education at OCS, and to review and ratify the school's Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and budget. All are welcomed to attend.
The California Education Code requires the School Site Council to:
- Measure the effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.
- October 28, 2021
- November 18, 2021
- December 7, 2021
- January 27, 2022
- February 24, 2022
- March 24, 2022
- April 28, 2022
- May 26, 2022