Parent & Teacher Organization
A major focus of The O'Farrell Charter School's many programs is to involve the parents of our students in as many aspects of their child's education as possible. To this end, OCS provides resources to promote parent involvement to enrich the academic environment at OCS for all students who are enrolled here. We believe that when parents actively participate in their child's school, students are more likely to achieve high standards of academic success for which we strive.
The OCS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and School Site Council (SSC) meets every month to discuss school programs, propose and coordinate fundraising opportunities, coordinate parent volunteer opportunities, plan and coordinate school events, make suggestions to sustain the quality of education at OCS, and to review and ratify the school's Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and budget. All are welcomed to attend.
The California Education Code requires the School Site Council to:
- Measure the effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.
- Monday, August 24, 2020 at 3:30pm
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 3:30pm
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:30pm
Thursday, November 5th, 2020 at 3:30 pm
Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 at 3:30pm
Thursday, January 7th, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Thursday, February 4th, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Thursday, March 4th, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Thursday, April 8th, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Thursday, May 6th, 2021 at 3:30 pm