The O'Farrell Charter School Extended Day provides a safe place for students after the regular school day. Extended Day is designed to support academic success, provide assistance with homework, and provide fun and educational enrichment activities. All activities are coordinated with the regular school day so students can transition from their last class of the day into the after school program easily. OCS is committed to creating a safe and enriching learning environment after school for our students.
Extended Day Activities Include:
* Academic Assistance/Homework Time
* Enrichment Activities
*STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
*Student Leadership Team
* Physical Education
* Healthy Snacks
* Computer Club
* Anime Club
* Art Club
* Dance Club
Extended Day runs from after school to 6:00 p.m. every school day. Students participating in the program are expected to stay for the full duration of program hours. Exceptions may be made for students who are in parallel programs and/or have other obligations after school. Early release forms must be filled out and signed by a parent for any student needing to leave the program early for any reason.
Eligibility & Applications:
Students interested in participating in Extended Day are eligible to participate as long as they are enrolled at The O'Farrell Charter School during the regular school day and are in kindergarten through 8th grade.
Enrollment in Extended Day is “first come, first served,” with priority enrollment given as follows:
1. First priority shall go to pupils who are identified by the program as homeless youth, as defined by the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 11434a), at the time that they apply for enrollment or at any time during the school year, and to pupils who are identified by the program as being in foster care.
2. Second priority to students who are currently in the program, who stay for the full duration of each program day, who maintained 85% average attendance rate for the previous school year, and who plan on attending for the full duration of each program day for the upcoming school year.
3. Third priority to students who are currently in the program who maintained 85% average attendance rate for the previous school year, and who plan on attending for the full duration of each program day for the upcoming school year.
4. Fourth priority given to new (new to Extended Day program) students who will stay for the full duration of each program day for the upcoming school year.
All others applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are interested in applying for Extended Day, please fill out the attached form and return it to The O'Farrell Charter School's Main Office. The application period ends July 1 of each academic year. Applications received after this deadline will be automatically placed on a wait-list and parents will be notified if/when there is room in the program for their child to enter.
Enrollment in the program is for the duration of one school year. Students are required to fill out a new application and re-enroll each academic year.
In accordance with California Education Code, students are expected to attend the program every day for the full range of hours offered (until 6:00 p.m. each day). Students who do not attend regularly will be subject to dis-enrollment. Students must maintain an average attendance rate of at least 85% in order to avoid possible dis-enrollment. Please see the attached application and letter for more information.
Extended Day Coordinator