WELCOME TO THE O'FARRELL CHARTER SCHOOL ATHLETICS WEB PAGE
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Baker, Athletic Director of O'Farrell Charter High School. 619-263-3009 x 2245 email@example.com
Your Child Must Be Cleared to Participate in any Athletic Sport.
See Athletic Clearance Packet Page
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING SPORTS ON
WINNING LEAGUE TITLES 2019-2020:
Boys Cross Country 2019 Patriot League Champions
Boys Basketball 2020 Summit League Champions
Girls Basketball 2020 Sierra League Champions *(First League Title School History)
Boys Soccer 2020 Patriot League Champions
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOOTBALL TEAM AS THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE COASTAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE WILL NOW BE APART OF THE PACIFIC LEAGUE FOR THE 2020 SEASON.
Spring Season Sports are now in session. Please refer to the Master Calendar on Game Schedules or if you have any questions regarding your son/daughters sport, please contact your Coach.
No Contact for 2020-2021 School Year
Fall 2019 Sports:
Girls Volleyball: (8/1-10/25)
Cross Country: (8/5-11/15)
Traditional Competitive Cheer: (8/27-2/20)
Winter 2019-2020 Sports:
Boys and Girls Basketball: (11/9-2/14)
Boys and Girls Soccer: (11/9-2/14)
Traditional Competitive Cheer: (8/27-2/20)
Spring 2020 Sports:
Boys Volleyball: (2/8-5/1)
Track & Field: (2/8-5/9)
ATTENTION: You must get a physical and be cleared to play all sports. Please see the Athletic Clearance Packet Page to print out or you can pick one up at the AD's Office or front office.
PHYSICALS: FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR MUST BE DONE NO EARLIER THAN 5/25/19
1. Print it out and fill it out
2. Make sure all areas requiring a signature is completed
3. Last 2 pages are for the Sport Physical
Athletics Inclusion Policy
The O’Farrell Charter Schools athletic programs are available to all persons without regard to actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, immigration status, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. All sex-segregated athletic programs shall be available to all pupils on the basis of their individual gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records. BP 6005
Under the law, students shall receive fair and equitable opportunity to participate in all academic opportunities, including athletics. Below we have outlined your rights, the Compliance Officer for The O’Farrell Charter Schools and the process to file a complaint. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Compliance Officer:
Title IX Compliance Officer
6130 Skyline Dr.
San Diego, CA 92114
Your rights under the law:
- You have the right to fair and equitable treatment and you shall not be discriminated against based on your sex.
- You have the right to be provided with an equitable opportunity to participate in all academic extracurricular activities, including athletics.
- You have the right to inquire of the athletic director of your school as to the athletic opportunities offered by the school.
- You have the right to receive equitable treatment and benefits in the provision of all of the following:
- Equipment and supplies.
- Scheduling of games and practices.
- Access to tutoring.
- Practice and competitive facilities.
- Medical and training facilities and services.
- You have the right to have access to a gender equity coordinator to answer questions regarding gender equity laws.
- You have the right to contact the State Department of Education to access information on gender equity laws.
- You have the right to file a confidential discrimination complaint with the United States Office of Civil Rights or the State Department of Education if you believe you have been discriminated against or if you believe you have received unequal treatment on the basis of your sex.
- You have the right to pursue civil remedies if you have been discriminated against.
- You have the right to be protected against retaliation if you file a discrimination complaint.
For Additional Information, please visit the California Department of Education, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity:
Filing a Complaint
For complaints regarding Title IX, you may complete a Uniform Complaint using the links below:
In addition, the United States Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights has additional information on their website. A complaint must ordinarily be filed within 180 days of the last act of discrimination. If your complaint involves matters that occurred longer ago than this and you are requesting a waiver, you will be asked to show good cause why you did not file your complaint within the 180-day period. You may also contact the Office of Civil Rights at 800-421-3481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.